Friday, May 26, 2006

Sweet 16

Sweet 16

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Troy, happy birthday to you!

I can't believe that Troy is 16 years old today! He was such a gawky lanky kid at a whopping 9 years old when I met him for the first time. Sheesh, time does fly!!!

We are going to celebrate by leaving for Idaho Falls to my nephew Ty's wedding. We'll have dinner along the way and ooh and awh over Troy and then celebrate the next day (Sat) with brunch and my bro Uncle Troy & Aunt Em to honor both my Dad's bday (the 23rd) and Troy's (today). Since he doesn't read this, we got him a Letterman's Jacket in his school's colors. It still needs all the extra's added but he has the coat and can now get the goodies on it. We don't usually spend that much on gifts but figured since we wanted to get it for him anyways, we might as well only get one thing! Cha-Ching! $$

Do you remember your 16th birthday? I do. It was a snowy-Sunday. I was SO looking forward to going on my first date that night. Boyfriend was Jesse and he took me to see Aladdin. Then we went to his familie's Christmas party (lame) and drove him in a snow storm. I was so worried we'd be late and I'd be in trouble but I guess we made it in time as I don't recall any punishment! ha! I can only imagine now how hard it was for my Mom to let me walk out the door with him on my birthday!! Wow. Things do change when you're a parent. Oh, I remember a Chicago tape (yes, tape) playing...

"Those were the days... When we did what we wanted!!!" Sing it, honey!! :) Can't you just hear the Bunker's singing in your head? I sure can!

I got my nails done this morning in time for Ty's wedding and am getting my eyebrows waxed and a make-up application done this a.m., too. YEAH! Wish I could have got them scheduled in synch to not come home in between but that's okay. Now I get two breaks.

We're coming home tomorrow night after the wedding festivities so we'll be here for church Sunday. Think we'll do a camp-out in our yard Sunday night. We'll see how the weather is. On Monday, I think we're building a fence! YEAH! A corral for Paco!!!

What are your weekend plans? I'll have pictures to share from the wedding later. Be safe and have fun!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:14 PM

    Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:21 AM

    I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:32 AM

    Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
    »

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!