Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Sweet Scones

Here is a wonderful recipe for scones that I found. What I love about them is that you can use any cookie cutter shape you want to make them "festive" and change the food coloring as well!

2 c all-purpose baking mix (Bisquick)
1/3 c Craisins
2 T sugar
1/2 C half-half ( I use whole milk)
Food Coloring
2 T melted butter

Heat oven to 425. In bowl, combine baking mix, craisins, and sugar. Combine half-half and food coloring then stir half-half and butter into baking mix to for a dough. Turn onto floured surface and knead 10 times. Roll dough out to 1/2" thickness. Using a 3" cookie cutter, cut out shapes and place into baking sheet. Reroll scraps and cut out more.

Bake 12 mins or until golden brown.

For St Paddy's Day I added green food coloring and a shamrock shaped cutter. Valentien's Day, red and heart. Could mix colors and come up with some neat ideas using whatever cutter you desire.

All my kids (and grown-ups) love these not so sweet, better for you than most, scones! I hope you enjoy them, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!