Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall Life

School started and fall has arrived in all its glory of gorgeous leaves, crisp cool weather and harvest! This means canning and prepping for winter!

One of the things I've wanted to learn how to do for years is sew. This past June my friend took the challenge and has been working with me ever since! I am even enrolled in a beginners quilting class!

Here is the first (and only so far) quilt I have done. It is tied, not quilted...

Front of the rail fence quilt:

Back of quilt. I used a real nice big fleece to make it cozy warm:

Back and Front to see colors...

I made this for Sky's 13th birthday. I am very pleased with my first attempt but am truly looking forward to all the cool things I will learn in my class. I learned many things NOT to do with this one and that's okay! She loves it and so do I.

Other projects I'm working on: aprons, class quilt and several dream quilts are in the making! Add canning, apple butter plans and life with kids and you can see why I haven't been on here much!

Enjoy fall - I know I am!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!