Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Made in the U.S.A.

I found the best gift resource this morning! I've been looking for an easy site with various price options and found it this morning!
REI -Outlet has a whole section to MADE in the U.S.A.!

I am willing to pay a little more when I know it's made right here on American soil but sometimes can't or choose not to depending on the item.  I was floored today when I found American made items for LESS than their over-sea counterparts!

Check out these socks!  REI Merino Wool Light Hiker Crew Socks - Kids' - 2011 Seconds for only $3.93!  Yes, they are kids' socks but how about these for us adults?  At a whopping $4.93 I can't help but get excited!
This sled, made right here is only $28.93 and I have to tell you, we've bought cheaply made sleds and paid this much money only to have them crack and break after a few runs down the mountain.  Grrr! 

Prison Blues. The original, authentic, prison-constructed blue jean brand. Manufactured by inmates at the Eastern Oregon Correctional Institution in Pendleton, Oregon U.S.A.

Made on the Inside to be worn on the Outside© to read their story and see how you can purchase American made jeans from American grown cotton!!!

When we went into the Prison Blue store in Pendleton last weekend, I was certain the prices would be sky high; especially when the employee told me that the cotton was from Georgia...  $35 folks!!!  We're talking the good quality of jeans that my Daddy use to get from the farm store that were sturdy and the color that "new jeans" should be!  To find a retailer that sells these, just click here and you can enter your zip code or see online retailers; as well. 

Do you have a "go-to" place for American made products?  I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!