Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Beans a la Thyme

Wednesday's Recipe: I thought I would borrow a great idea from good friend, Heather, and post one of my fave recipees each week. If you ever stop by Caldwell Friends, thank Naomi for sharing her recipe with me!

Beans a la Thyme

1 lb ground meat
1/2 c. green pepper, chopped (those who know me well, know I don't add this!)
1/2 c. onion, chopped
1/2 c. celery, chopped
1- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 c. water
1/2 t. thyme
1 t. dry mustard (or more to taste)
2 T. vinegar
1 T. brown sugar
salt & pepper to taste
1 clove minced garlic (I use fresh)
1 can baked beans (1 lb, 12 oz size)

Brown the meat, onion & celery (& green pepper if you choose). Skim off any extra fat. Add tomato sauce, water and seasonings. Simmer a few minutes then add the beans. Bake in covered dish for 45 min @375. Serves 4-6

Really good served over tortilla chips for a very healthy nacho dish!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!