Friday, June 16, 2006

Banana Cake


A friend of mine, Brenda, brought this cake to one of our church's "Soup & Salad Suppers" and boy was it a hit with my family. So much so, that I had to ask her for the recipe! Each time we have a get-together or a dessert is needed, my kids - especially Troy, beg me to make this one. Since anything banana is a fave of Roy's I thought I'd make it tonight as we kick-off Father's Day weekend!

We don't normally have all our kids on Friday night so it is a special occasion, indeed. To finish off our T-Bone Steak and Potatoes with Fettuccini Alfredo dinner, we will have this glorious dessert, served warm. Delish!!

Banana Cake

1 1/2 c sugar
1/2 c softened butter
3-4 mashed bananas
1 t. vanilla
3 eggs
2 1/2 c flour
1 1/4 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
3/4 c buttermilk

Cream sugar and butter then add the bananas, vanilla & eggs. In different bowl, mix dry ingredients together. Divide in half. Add half the dry flour mixture to the batter, add buttermilk, add remaining half of four mixture. Pour into a 9x13 pan.

Bake at 350 for 30-40 min, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

To make buttermilk:
for each 1/2 c milk, add 1 T of vinegar. For 3/4 C buttermilk, use 3/4 c regular milk, add 1 1/2 T to the milk, stir and walah! Substitute Buttermilk! Good for any recipe when baking!

Frost cake as desired, cream cheese frosting is always a hit, as is chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!