Tuesday, August 08, 2006

And Baby Makes 8?!?!?!

At our fist OB appointment today, we were surprised with an ultrasound! There is only one, thank goodness and the heart was beating perfectly. The head is the round circle to the right, little bright spot is the heart and the rest is the body. Measuring right on track!
At Week 9, here is the fetal development of our little babe:
Cartilage and bones begin to form. The basic structure of the eye is well underway and the tongue begins to develop. The intestines start to move out of the umbilical cord and into the abdomen as the body grows and makes room. The fingers and thumb have appeared but are short and webbed.

The kids are a little numb, I think but the girls are excited. Of course, they want a girl. Troy didn't want any more so he's indifferent at this point but he'll come around. He's 16 afterall and life at this point is about him so this does little for him.

We're very excited. Baby is due March 14th so Paco will be nearly 3 years old. We don't have any March birthdays so this is good news for our family - didn't add one to May, Aug or Nov!!! Our Suburban holds 8 so we'll be maxed out when we're all together. However, with Troy driving this fall, that will help out and I won't have to cart them to and fro for every practice, game and function.

I also just found out that two of our employees are due in the months around us so we will be busy come Spring! And, my long-time girlfriend is due in December so lots of babies joining our circle in the next year. Add to that list, my girlfriends Heather and Beth are both due in September so they have a headstart on us spring babies. Plus, my nephew Ty and his wife Lisa are due in November! WOW! Congratulations to all!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations (again!). We are so excited for you and Roy. I'm glad your appointment went well, and I'm glad you posted an ultrasound picture! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!