Monday, August 28, 2006

Caldwell Family YMCA

While we were not the first in line to join our new Y, we have finally finished the application process and have been accepted to join their "club."

We have a family membership so they kids can go after school, practice, etc. and we can go as a family in the evenings to swim and have fun! We've gone swimming a couple of times with the whole family and have really enjoyed our time together.

I have my first "Fit-Start" appointment this morning with a trainer. This is a 12-week program that will help me get started on a work out regimen that meets my needs/wants while allowing me the freedom to set my own pace and speed. My main goals are:
* Get in shape
* Have a "fit pregnancy"
* Be in better shape by October's hunting season

Opened in Fall of 2005, the Caldwell Family YMCA has:
Full gymnasium, Multipurpose rooms, Climbing wall, Teen Activity Center, Youth Activity Center, Lounge and other community resources, as well as an array of exercise and recreation facilities.

The elaborate Aquatics Center with three swimming pools and a jacuzzi. The 25 yard lap pool has 6 lanes. The recreational pool also has up to six lanes (when classes are not in session). The children's pool has a bubbler area connected to the rec pool. The "lazy river" also connects into the recpool for people to float or exercise by swimming against the current.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!