Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Silence

It's quiet. Too quiet for 10:15 in the morning. Where's my little monster who is always terrorizing me for being on the computer, getting everything out of the closets and cupboards and in general, making messes??? School. Yes, school. I should be getting lots of work done right now. And I am, right?!

He was tired this morning. Poor little duff has grown accustomed to staying up late and sleeping in... his goal is to stay up for the News and makes it many a nights. So this morning, when we woke him for school, he said, "I don't want to go to school today." "Why?" "Because, I'm too tired." To which we replied, "Too bad!" And he said, "I'm going anyway?!?!" "YEP!" That was the end of it and he got up, got dressed and was ready to go in 30 minutes. Happily, too!

His school is 9-12 on Wed and Fri mornings. He was excited to go and didn't cry when Roy dropped him off. Some of you might remember how it went last spring and it wasn't anything like this. This just reinforces to me that he is indeed growing up, is a "big boy" and if I keep blinking, he won't want anythinig to do with us way too soon. Boo Hoo.

What am I going to do with my time while he's away? Well, I have some much needed/neglected office work to do that must be done as the Federal Government doesn't care that I have little ones taking my time and distracting me from doing correct and timely work. Once I am caught up on the backlog, I plan to devote one of those mornings to office work and then other to visiting with adult females, going to the gym, enjoying a Starbuck's, blogging, internet time and most importantly, ENJOYING SOME ONE ON ONE TIME WITH JAVIER!!!! He'll be 6 months old in 6 days and I can't believe it!

I'm also looking forward to making his baby food from scratch, like I did for Paco and taking advantage of the produce to get some food in the freezer for him. Here is Javi this morning enjoying some snuggly time with Moma.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! The kids have GROWN! We must get together soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, 6 months already? Yipes!! Have fun with the quiet-er time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!