Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Be Joyful Always

1 Thessalonians 5:16 instructs us to "Be joyful always." Hmmm. I am not. The prayer that I have to go with this in my Daily Wisdom for Mothers devotion journal says, "Father, help me not to be crabby as I learn how to be a mom. Amen."

What really struck me was last month we went to Donkey Basketball and I had so much fun. I was laughing - really laughing when Sky said, "Wow, mom, I've never heard you laugh like that." Not struck me funny, but struck me kinda sad. Do I really not laugh anymore? The deep from the belly laugh? I don't.

That needs to change. Now. So, this morning I got down on the floor (that part isn't new) and got Javi really laughing and so did I. For a minute. Which is a start. Right?

I have a new label - Walkin' with Christ. I am going to make more of an effort to really think about how Christ is living through me, where I am in walk with Him - honest up-close peeks into my heart and soul. I'm scared. You will be gentle with me, won't you? 'Cause, really, you might not like all you see. The point is getting it out in the open so I can let HIM do some work in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!