Thursday, October 23, 2008

Craigslist

I have a confession. I have a new obsession. Perhaps it will be a healthy one, for a while... I sold my first items on craigslist today. Something I don't use. Won't use. And it made me some nice pocket change.

Old mayo and miracle whip jars. Both wide and regular mouth. The neat part? Well, besides earning some cash? I have even nicer jars for me to use.


I was fortunate to have a pantry stocked with food preserved who knows how long ago. While we did NOT eat that food, we did dump it and save the jars for us. They are good jars. Hardly old REAL canning jars. And I love them. They have the nice thick rim and pretty raised writing...

anyway, I sold 6 dozen jars and made $24. They have yet to pick them up yet so until the cash is in my pocket, well, I won't count my chickens until they hatch. But I am pretty excited.

The sad part? The jars are antiques. They don't make glass mayo and miracle whip jars anymore. But I'll rest knowing I have the real mccoy in my pantry.


Now, what else can I get rid of around here? I think there is lots. Lots and lots of stuff I can sell. Supply and demand, baby! This is the green way, ya know. Reduce and reuse! Recycling should be the last option, not the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!