Friday, November 07, 2008

Sometimes the Road is...

...LONG. Roy and I headed out for Hood River, Oregon this morning for our annual Youth Worker's Training Conference. Sans kids. Zip. Nadda. None. After a late start, we realized an hour down the road that we forgot to "go through the CD's." Why is this important? Well, let's take a look.


We have all sorts of kids music. Mostly in Spanish. Like this nifty CD we picked up on a trip to Ketchum one year. It's a delightful mix of Latin songs in both English and Spanish. For kids.


Finally, I shuffled through the CD's and found something we both agreed on that wasn't for kids, although Paco loves this one: Michael Buble's, Irristable. One has no idea how short a CD is until they are on a 6 hour drive with a limited music selection.


Once I took over driving, Roy fell asleep and I turned on my phone music. Ahhh. Norah Jones, Sarah McLachlan, Jack Johnson, Journey, real music. For me. And I could skip a song if I wanted 'cause he was SAWING LOGS!!!

As I started out saying, Sometimes the Road is winding, like it is on Cabbage Hill:

And sometimes the long is just LONG.

I won't tell you how many pictures I took with phone. Too many. Waaayy toooo many. Okay, here's one. This is my "I am a high school girl who thinks she is all that AND a box of cocoa puffs!!!" I don't know, maybe it should be my new facebook/myspace pic? What do you think. Do you like the grey streaks? I won't tell you how much I paid for that look.


I'll close with that shot. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up, Joy! I'm so jealous that you two are in Hood River....we LOVE IT there! We took the boys in 2007 but now we want to go back sometime by ourselves. Yes, it is a long ride. But isn't the west beautiful? I love living out here. I just told Steve the other day that I really want to start enjoying my surroundings...Hood River is the only "other place" I've ever been...I want to see the Oregon coast, Salt Lake City, Montana, Wyoming, etc. So much to see out here.
    Hope you two have a good trip, and make good use of that alone time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're hilarious!!! Always enjoy reading your posts! I just drove to the Oregon Coast this summer and couldn't imagine not having my music!!! Ahhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!