Thursday, December 11, 2008

K.I.D.S. Season of Giving

Since 1985: K.I.D.S. has fulfilled its promise of bringing smiles to children in need by distributing over a half-billion dollars worth of new merchandise while keeping overhead costs under three percent. In 2007, nearly $62 million worth of new products was distributed for the benefit of almost five million children who live in poverty and suffer from distressed conditions.

K.I.D.S. operates six key programs that focus on meeting the needs of:

Victims of Natural Disasters and Political Unrest: Building on over 20 years of relationships with donors and local agencies, K.I.D.S. delivers product immediately and directly to families affected by natural disasters. K.I.D.S. brought needed essentials to approximately 500,000 children affected by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, more than 300,000 young victims of the Asian Tsunami, and over 60,000 children affected by the Lebanon-Israel War.

Homeless Children: When Houston’s Coalition for the Homeless, a partner agency of K.I.D.S., asked homeless individuals and families what their greatest need was, 83 percent of both young people and adults said clothing. K.I.D.S. works to take clothing off the list of essential services for homeless children and families, helping to restore their dignity and self-worth.

Domestic Abuse Victims: Hundreds of thousands of children in family shelters for domestic abuse victims receive toys from K.I.D.S., bringing joy into their lives at a difficult time. In the serious work that must occur to restore a child's sense of safety and routine, new belongings can be a touching affirmation that life is again returning to a brighter state of affairs.

Children with Low Literacy Levels: K.I.D.S. provides new, brand-name, age- appropriate books to children on Native American reservations and in after-school programs who have low literacy levels and need encouragement in the love of reading.

Children of Incarcerated Parents/Juvenile Offenders: K.I.D.S. gives books to children of incarcerated parents for parent/child reading during visitations to prison. Books and apparel are also provided to programs helping young inmates regain their sense of purpose and self-confidence.

Military Families/Wounded Soldiers: K.I.D.S. provides infant and juvenile items to children and parents on military bases who are left behind while their loved ones fight for our freedom. Together with its partner charity, Fashion Delivers, K.I.D.S. also directs clothing, books and other necessities to Germany to help make life better for U.S. soldiers wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I am always amazed when a company is willing to donate to a non-profit and how much they are willing to give. Often times, I buy the Kohl's Kids items for $5 because the whole $5 goes to their non-profit.

I was really excited to come across Robeez and see what they are doing! They are donating up to $250,000 in Robeez footwear to K.I.D.S!!! For each electronic card sent and received they will donate $5 and for each blog post, $25! So far, I have sent 5 cards and this post = $50 donated for K.I.D.S.

I love Robeez. I got hooked on them when my friend Heather had them on her son when he was a babe. Paco wore them and now Javier is in them! In fact, I splurged got my two great-nieces a pair last year for Christmas! (That was a one time thing, I can tell you!) Now, I pass them on to Karris, my great-niece as Javi outgrows them.

We just outgrew these
and are loving the warmth these provide when we're home all day!

The purpose of this post is tri-fold:
1. To get an easy $25 donated for my time to do this post.
2. To share with you a product I feel surpasses any other shoe we have worn. They stay on, they are comfortable and I can testify, they LAST! Some of these Robeez are on their third kid now and let me tell ya, they're just as darling on little Karris as they were on my boys!
3. I want to give the opportunity to participate in this Season of Giving! Together, we CAN make a difference!

Update! I found out if I linked from facebook and myspace they count as blogs so that's $75 for my posts donated; plus I sent 10 cards for $50 so my total difference tonight is $125! It's so EASY! Just go to robeez.com and click away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!