Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Canning Pantry

Yesterday's post on my main pantry was getting long so here is my canning pantry that I wanted to share with you.

This pantry is cement and dark - perfect for home-canned goodness. Here, take a look:

You can see above my tomatoes. I use these for everything I use to use store bought tomatoes for! Chili, Spaghetti Sauce, Tomato Sauce, Casseroles, etc.
Top Shelf: Spaghetti Sauce, tomato juice AND poultry stock. I do not add salt to my stock; which I LOVE having on hand. 2nd Shelf: Green Beans - no salt added, more stock and peaches. 3rd Shelf: Soley green beans. 4th shelf: Applesauce Bottom Shelf: Apple butter, Carrots, Pickles, Zucchini.


Jelly and Jam! Missing shelf in picture has my pear syrup! We use that on our Amish Friendship Pancakes I told you about yesterday. Delish!!!

Not all the canned items are "organic" but they were raised using organic methods. My garden flopped last year but I had nice family and friends who shared with me their abudance. God is Good!!!

This pantry has lots more shelves. These constist of canning jars and equipment (canners, lids, rings) and also junk. Things I need to go through. It has the tendancy to be a catch all area of things we don't know what to do with. I'm sure none of you have these areas and I'll just say, "good for you!" I, however, have many areas that are catch alls. I'm still working on the "reduce" part of the 3 R's!!!

3 comments:

  1. Am so excited by your pantry... want one!! Must revisit you so that I can see what I can truly do to have some of those jars on my shelves too... see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:40 PM

    Joy, this a picture perfect picture of canned tomatoes. My Mom used to can them in about this quantity, as we had a lot of hired hands on the ranch that she and I had to cook for most of the time. There were just a few times during the year when we didn't have the bunk house full of guys. Usually we had raised and fixed them when they were ready to can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:24 PM

    That is good, you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!