Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Childhood Memories

This sweet Merry Christmas ornament was given to me by my 5th grade teacher. I think of him at least once a year when I decorate our tree. He's the reason I have nice penmanship!

This little gal was given to me in 1981 for my "ornament of the year." I have carried this tradition on and each of our children gets an ornament each year. The tradition has been that when they are married, they will get all their ornaments for their 1st Christmas.

This home-made wreath is one of MANY just like it. The year my mother was pregnant with me she decided to have a "themed tree" and made a gazzillion of these little buggers. Something to do with pregnancy induced sanity, I'm sure. No matter, I have a bin of them and one gets hung each year in both her and my honor as I was born 5 days before we celebrate Christ's birth!

Our stockings are hung by the chimney with care, we've decked the halls and Christmas music is playing loudly from the speakers. Merry Christmas, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!