Tuesday, December 22, 2009

December, 1934

Elda Baker Brown was my Great-Grandma. She was born at Bangor, Iowa, Marshall County, in the year of 1868, July 26. I have the history of her life, written by her in January of 1936. I am going to share her journal with you over the course of many posts. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

December, 1934

Vena and Allie took us to Alva, Okla. to attend the funeral of Russel
Kasparck. He died of appendicitis and was almost 29 years old. When
we came home we were surprised to hear that Henry Duke was buried that day and
that Edwin Clarkson's baby was very ill and passed away Dec. 23.

All the preparation for Christmas this year was made with sad hearts
for one of our dear ones is absent "a vacancy that never can be filled."
Five little girls have already been called to the glory world. What there
was left of us had our family tree at Allies.

Then all but Kenneth and Margaret eat Christmas dinner with Lout and
Gladys. We invited Albert and Emma Daily to be with us on this
day.
Great-Grandma's story may not be told in order. But I am going to tell it. After reading her post, 75 years ago this month, I can't help but cry. I don't have it so bad, at all. In fact, I have to say I am so very blessed.
Thanks, GG.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading stories about past ancestors, your G-Grandma lived in the days when women had to be tough.
    God Bless you and may 2010 be a wonderfully graced year.
    Love Granny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!