Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Yearly Meeting!

I love the last week of July. You will find me in Oregon on the gorgeous campus of George Fox University being fed spiritually, challenged in every way and looking at what I need to do differently for the Lord.

I love learning new songs; which I always do here.

I love catching up with friends I only see here.

I love meeting new friends and hope I see them again sometime!

I love the campus life of centering on God for the whole week... alone and corporately.

I love seeing my children light up from the inside out. Hearing God speak to them and work in their lives in a MIGHTY way.

I love meeting people that are friends with my parents have been since 1964 when they moved to Newberg. Their 6 years here weren't the easiest and the friends they made during the time of my Grandma dying and having their infant daughter die are true friends to this day. What an awesome God I serve and I am reminded of His power when I see them interact, laugh, pray and cry together. Friends.

I love slowing down.

I love not driving everywhere.

I love how I have so much time to spend thinking of how God can still use me and my family. How unfortunate that my schedule changes so much when I go home. Why do I allow it to? I need to evaulate things, obviously.

Our theme this year is "Eyes Fixed - Running Free" using Hebrews 12:1-2 as our focus verses. If I don't post again this week, it's not that I don't have the time. I'm just spending it doing something else.

Know this - God isn't through with me yet. Not by a long shot.

1 comment:

  1. The Proud Husband8:49 AM

    The Heart of a Mother

    Her children arise and call her blessed;
    her husband also, and he praises her:
    "Many women do noble things,
    but you surpass them all."
    Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised (Proverbs 31:28-30).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!