Monday, November 29, 2010

Quilt is Quilted!

Our first granddaughter is due in December, perhaps on her Nana's birthday; which would be the 20th or her Grandma's; which is the 19th! Our son, Reggie, is the new Daddy and we're all getting excited for Marlee's arrival.

We had a church shower for them this past Saturday and here are pictures of the quilt that I made. It's the first one that I actually quilted and it was so rewarding to finish it! Thanks to a good friend, I was able to get it done before their shower... YAY!

Quilt Top:

Quilt after it the three layers were basted... until I learned I had done it wrong and my good friend assisted me in making it easier to do!


Reggie and Porscha opening quilt - I think it was a surprise!


Here I am holding my completed quilt. It is folded in half...

I have fabric purchased for next one but I will wait until after Christmas to begin it. Until Christmas I have a few other projects I am working on... rice pillows to be exact.
Next on my list is to complete our December calendar. That is another thing I learned from "Unplug the Christmas Machine." I try and get all the activities and things we're doing the whole month so that there's not the big build-up to Christmas and then it's over in one day. It worked real well last year and I'm hopeful it will do the trick this year, too!
It's such a relief to be done shopping so I can focus and my family and minstering to others this month.






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt, Joy! I took quilting classes the first year I lived in Idaho, but never kept up with it. I do hope I can get back into it one day. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:31 PM

    I'm so glad you were able to get it completed before the shower. You did a great job! I think you've got the quilting bug. :)

    Devonne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!