Thursday, October 20, 2011

Canning Season 2011 Complete

Lots of jam and jelly made this year!

Right to Left: Pears, dill pickles and dilly beans
bottom shelf: zuchini, dill pickles, dilly beans, beans

You can barely see the jars of applesauce from last year (not canning any this year)
PEACHES! I love the peaches this year.


Tomatoes. I love canning tomatoes. I am not sure how many I canned total, but kept 63 qts for us. Canned for my mom and two brothers, too.



First year doing hot peppers! They are pickled but not dill so think nacho style hot peppers.


First year doing Dilly Beans - my Mom has done them in the past.


First year doing Zuchini Pineapple! I can't wait to try it! I bought organic pineapple juice and used the zukes from my garden so I'm very excited. Think crushed pineapple and that's the texture.


I enjoyed canning this year. I missed the time spent with my Mom but feel real good about having a nicely stocked pantry with most of it from our garden or own fruit trees!


Apples are soon but since I have applesauce and apple butter left from last year, it will be low-key and I'll dry more apples for snacks and granola. All in all, I feel great about the bounty the Lord blessed us with and look forward to eating quality food from our garden this winter. Now, if my freezer was stocked with home grown beef or better yet, elk or deer, I'd have no complaints what-so-ever!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:40 PM

    Love the pictures of all the canning you did this year.

    ~Devonne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!