Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Travel Light!

I am thankful that from the time I was 8 years old, I learned how to pack with few things since the motorcycle could only hold so much!  I'll never forget my Daddy showing me the bag in which I had to fit all my clothes for a whole week in! 

From traveling on the bike to hunting (both roughing it and staying in a cabin), I have some tips I will most definitely be heeding on my upcoming trips to South America.


Flushable Wipes!
These babies are wonderful.  You may not always be able to flush them but when you can, it's nice to be able to.  These come in very handy from everything from cleaning up a spill on your clothes to "showering" in a jam (or in some cases it's a planned shower).  There is something about being able to wipe certain areas clean every day to feeling like you are ready to face whatever the outside world brings you.  At least it works for me.  I prefer  non scented so I can even use these as facial wipes/washcloths to remove grime from me face - LOVE!
 
 What you have here are panty liners; plain and simple.  These are a life saver when you can't do laundry and don't have the space to take a week supply of chones!  Ladies, just use a liner and by changing it everyday, you are in essence, changing your panties!  I'm sorry if this is TMI for you but you wouldn't believe how many ladies my Moma and I have shared this with and they were SO grateful!  A stack of liners takes up much less room than a bunch of panties.  Count out how many you need and voila!  Good to go!
 I hope this is a given... travel size. 
For shampoo/conditioner/lotions, I just take the ones from previous trips (hotels) and then I don't care if I toss a half empty sample size portion before traveling home.  These don't take up much room and if you realize you don't need them, you can pass them along to someone else to toss.  Major space saver.
 
Jeans are bulky.  They don't dry fast and they don't pack down.  If you can, leave them home.  Invest in some pants that you can roll up and shake out.  These are my new favorites.  I have both black and "gun barrel" grey.  I can roll them up for a capri. too.  They're made by Columbia.
 
Same thing goes with shirts.  Don't have something you need to iron if you are packing light.  There are lots of brands out there that will do the trick.  I happen to be on a Columbia kick right now because I have found something that I love and it works.  Win-win.
 

 
Let's talk chones.  We've already gotten the panty liner talk out of the way!
These boy cut chones are from ex-officio.  See what they have to say about them:
 
17 countries. 6 weeks. One pair of award-winning underwear. (Ok, maybe two.)
Join the thousands of people who have discovered the ExOfficio travel underwear revolution. Just toss your Give-N-Go’s in the laundry or wash them in a sink. Within hours you will have a fresh, dry pair of underwear. Breathable, lightweight, and long-wearing, you will toss them into your carry-on for every trip. Soon they will replace every other pair in your underwear drawer.
 
I have to agree with that last sentence.  I absolutely love mine and they have pretty much replaced all others.  I hate to say it, but I don't even know I'm wearing them!
 
Last, but most important, is some wonderful advise from our dear friend Doris,
"Once you know what you want to take, leave half the clothes and double your money."
Very tried and true words. 
 
Do you have any travel light secrets you will share with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!