Monday, April 01, 2013

Lenten Laments

It's over.  I made it through lent and let me tell you, it wasn't pretty.

I didn't quit, mind you.  I just didn't get as much out of it as last time and I don't know why but it was just different.

Even for my family... we just didn't get into this time. 

But, we did it.  We practiced self discipline and that is important, right?


I felt about as blurry as this picture is.  Life moved on and we made it from one day to the next but it wasn't a "God-Rocking" moment.  I guess I wanted it to mean as much as it did last November. 

So, I lament. 

On the bright side, I did enjoy spending those early morning hours doing my Bible Study with Jesus before the kids woke.  I also felt better somehow by only spending 30 minutes a day on face book.  Jesus the One and Only Bible Study by Beth Moore was very special and had extra meaning for me doing it in the days leading up to Easter.  I definitely got a blessing out of it! 

My take away this time is...

Don't expect each fast to be better (or as good as) than the last.  They are different. 

Keep the positive and let go of the stuff dragging me down. 

The brightest note...

He is Risen!
He is Risen Indeed!
 

#lent
#itsnotaboutme and yet somehow it seems like it should be...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!