Wednesday, March 08, 2017

International Women's Day 2017



I am running a series on this blog featuring Quaker women this month and you can find them easily with #QuakerWomen and the label "Quakers" in the right column.  Each post starts with this banner to make it easy to spot, too:


Today, I honor three very important women in my life.  Strong women.  Quaker women.  My mother:
She lives strength in love.  It is such a compliment when people tell me I remind them of her.  Because of her, I know I am never too old to learn new things nor to stop learning.  She is a shining light in my dreary days and her ministry is a reflection of her gifts, of which I am a recipient! 

My oldest daughter who has become stronger than she probably wanted to be.  She is courageous and started a blog to share her vulnerability with the world in hopes of helping others who need to know they are not alone: Ponderings of a Wandering Mind.

My youngest daughter who is one of the strongest people I know.  She is tenacious and encourages others to be as strong as they can be while always pointing them to the Source of her strength, Jesus. 

Of all the people in the world, I am humbled and honored to have these three strong women in my corner.  Between the three of them, they encourage me every single day.  When my depressed mind and body does not want to function, they offer their strength until I am strong enough to stand again.  I cannot imagine my life without them in it; and dread the day, should it ever come.  

On this day of honoring women, who is in your corner?  Who holds you up when you do not have the strength to stand?  I know some people are fortunate to have one such person, and here I have these three women, not to mention the number of men who are in my corner, too. These are the blessings I am thankful for today... and tomorrow. 

#InternationalWomensDay #QuakerWomen #strongwomen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!