Thursday, June 22, 2006

Summer Lovin'

Summer lovin, had me a blast
Summer lovin, happened so fast
I met a girl, crazy for me
Met a boy, cute as can be
Summer days drifting away …
oohh, ahhh....Oh those summer nights

"Grease" debuted in 1978 and grossed more than $340 million at box-offices around the world, becoming the biggest grossing movie musical in film history, a record that still stands today.

While I was too young to remember the premier in 1978, I can't remember not knowing the songs and watching it with my girlfriends! I remember my crush on Danny, wondering about Rizzo, the innocence of Sandy and how she and Danny met in the middle to be together. I don't agree that Sandy had to change to a "bad girl" to be with Danny but man, don't they look hot together?! A movie that spans the generations, it is a classic but not "old." Classy - classic.

My daughters LOVE going to Parma Drive In and watching it. What started as a one-time showing has them begging to go back year after year! They giggle when the guys are dancing and strutting their stuff and can you blame them - I mean, just look at these guys in their tight pants and leathers... and the girls, in those cute little skirts - while I'd bet money that my sons like the movie, though they may not admit to it - they go along "for the ride."

Grease is magical - hitting on today's issues 25 years ago. From drinking, smoking and sex, it covers it all. Graduating, dropping out, what color of hair to piercings (okay, it was only ears but still!) Grease is a timeless treasure that I can't wait to go see this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!