Saturday, July 15, 2006

My Grandma Gladys

Gladys Fern B departed this life on July 13, 2006. She was born Dec. 16, 1914 to Roy A. and Jeanne S. (Ben__) B. near Keyes, Okla. Gladys attended school near Goodwell, OK and married Roy H. Tw___ in April. Jimmy Lee was born to this young couple. Roy died in 1934. Gladys married Marshall B. Cra___ in Feb. 1936 and helped her husband in the farming/ranching life. Four children were born into this marriage. They lived in S. E. Colorado from the spring of 1946 until the summer of 1961 at which time they moved to Denver. Marshall passed away in 1963. In the time after Marshall’s death, Gladys went to Denver Community College, obtained an adult education certificate and taught English as a Send Language. Her favorite students were the Vietnamese brides of returning servicemen. Gladys married Alva B. in June 1974 and moved to join him at his home in Oregon. After Alva’s death in 1982, Gladys remained in Oregon, enjoying 15 more years there before returning to Colorado in 1997 to be nearer her family. Gladys worshipped in the Southern Baptist faith for her entire life. She also enjoyed the fellowship of the Royal Neighbors of America where she served as a Chapter Officer for many years. Gladys enjoyed an active correspondence with several friends dating back to her grade school years in Oklahoma. Many friends and relatives will miss her cards, letters and newspaper clipping. She also enjoyed gardening and taking care of her many houseplants. Gladys loved all animals and especially had a soft spot for wolves.

My addition -
She was a fantastic Grandma and truly a "great" Grandma! She never forgot a birthday and remembered each one of my children by name (no easy feat). While she was a step-mother to my mom, she was my Grandma and the only one on my Mom's side that I knew.

I'll miss you, Grandma Gladys - enjoy eternity with Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!