Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Recipe - Wassil

This is the best Wassil recipe I have ever had!! It's the standing request on "What can I bring to ________ ." There is nothing like having it simmer all day in the crock pot and the aroma just shouts, CHRISTMAS!!!

WASSIL

1 gallon apple cider
1 qt. Orange juice
1 qt. Pineapple juice
1 C. Lemon juice
24 cloves
4 sticks of cinnamon
1 C. Brown sugar

Bring to low boil, reduce heat & simmer for at least 45 minutes. Makes great in a crock pot on low all day. I put the cloves in a little basket I have for such an occasion. Sliced oranges &/or lemons adds a pretty touch if you want.

You can refrigerate and start it again the next day or so. Yes, I'm getting ready to make some now. Can't wait for tonight!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this, Joy! I think I'll make some on Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!