Friday, February 01, 2008

SURVIVOR ISLAND

In the wake of reality television, I am taking my family on a SURVIVOR ISLAND trip! I am not going to the grocery store for the entire month of February!* That's right folks, we are playing that we have to eat what we have here on "the island" until rescued. Yes, they know we'll be rescued on March 1st and I'm sure that the extra day in February due to leap year will cause a buzz but help will come in the form of mommy making a shopping trip for new food.

Why am I doing this? Let me know show the reasons why. Pictures are worth a thousand words, right? Well then, here are SIX thousand words in the form of my pictures.

Here you have our main fridge. There is even a freezer below where the picture ends.












Downstairs we have two refrigerators. Here is one with a freezer on top, fridge below. (pictured left)









Below is a new fridge we just got that is all refrigerator - no freezer. I haven't got organized with it yet but it has some food in it already.














Deep freeze has TONS of meat in it, my salsa, applesauce, babyfood, bread, etc.




The pantry is pictured here and needs no description. It's full.















Again, why??? That's what the kids keep asking me anyway. Besides having enough food to last more than a month, I am up to the challenge on what seems to always be the longest month of the year even though it's the shortest. I know we spend - are you sitting??? - at least $500 a month on groceries. If I don't go shopping, that is $500 that I won't spend this month!

*Exceptions to the island
#1: Javier is not playing. He will get fresh, organic food for mommy to make when he needs his food supply replenished. (As will diapers since I didn't get with the program to cloth dipe him.)
#2: I will buy NO MORE THAN 1 gallon of milk per week for cereal. If I need milk for cooking or baking, I will use powdered milk. Agast.

So, if you are curious as to what I am feeding my family, I will DO MY BEST to post what's for supper each day.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:44 PM

    So loving the adventure you are creating for us and the kids will just be loving it, I'm sure!!!

    Keep up the great job mommy.
    Your Hubby.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!