Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Take Aways from Yearly Meeting

A long while back I was thinking about Query 13 and yesterday has made me think about #1.



I quote: " DO YOU live in a vital relationship with God, trusting in Jesus Christ as your saving Lord and obeying the leadings of the Holy Spirit? Is Christ's presence evident in your life?"



I am the 116th Annual Sessions of Northwest Yearly Meeting of Friends and our header is: "Bring Forth the Kingdom." Our guest speaker is Tony Campolo. "Tony Campolo is professor emeritus of sociology at Eastern University. For ten years he was on the faculty of the University of Pennsylvania. He is the founder and president of the Evangelical Association for the Promotion of Education. He has authored 35 books. Dr. Campolo is married to Peggy." In fact, you can get the link for live feeds of his sessions HERE! He is amazing! And, for not being Friends, he has really gotten me thinking and truly has challenged me.

I wanted/needed to tell you my take aways from yesterday and that is why I thought of Query #1.

Here, in sad format is what I need to remember and actually do something about:
The Fruit of the Spirit should be evident in my life. What is this fruit? Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. The Lord listed them in this order in Galatians 5: 22-23 so I thought I should remain consistent with Scripture... back to the topic - are these things evident in my life? Sadly, not nearly often enough. I pray as I think of these fruit, perhaps the Lord will continue to bring them to my mind and heart so that I WILL be able to see them more often and eventually, very often.

For the majority of Query 1, I can answer a resounding YES but I feel the need to draw attention to an area I lack. Not to harmful, I suppose, seeing how any way I grow in Christ is a good thing!

What did I take away tonight? Ahhhh, wouldn't you like to know how Tony Campolo challenged me to put my money where my mouth is????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!