Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Whatcha Doin' Today?

... besides voting, that is. If you haven't voted, stop what you are doing and GO DO IT! Or have a plan on when you're going to vote. I am waiting for my girls to get home from school because they love to go to the polls with me. I've actually taken Melynda with me to vote more times than I can count. Since she was 8, so for 6 years she's gone with me each time there's been an election. Wait, is that only one? No, we've had local elections, silly!!!

So, besides, voting, what are you doing? Are you doing anything on a daily basis to reduce your earthly footprint? Are you making your Christmas gifts this year? Are you having a debt-free Christmas season? (More on that one later....) Are you composting? Buying locally? Canning?

Yes, that's what I am doing. I am canning organic carrots. I will use them in my chicken and noodles, soups and stews. I canned them in pint jars 'cause a quart of carrots is ALOT!

I have also made chicken noodle soup for lunch, actually made it. Home-canned chicken broth, organic carrots and organic spelt noodles. It was delish.

I have encouraged and reminded others to vote without telling them who to vote for. I try not to offend here in my little world. Really. One thing I have been thinking of is what my ideal candidate would look like. Have you done that? It's crazy fun. One thing that stands out to me is the definition of "Pro-Life." Why does this only relate to babies to most people? How can someone be pro-life and pro-war? In war, doesn't someone die? I would like to see "Pro-Life" mean just that! I am for a human life living. Whether they are in utero, or in Iran, Germany, Korea or the USA. I think each life should be allowed to live, regardless of why they were conceived or which side they are fighting for.

There. I said it. I don't think that should offend anyone. I value life and that shouldn't be offensive.

Now, tell me, whacha doin??? (And don't forget to enter my giveaway!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!