Sunday, May 17, 2009

Reality

I haven't been on the computer much this past week and just checked some blogs since I'm home from church with Paco.

Roy and I are doing something new.... for every negative thing we say, we have to say two positives.

Last night's conversation went something like this:

Me - "Am I getting more gray hair?"

Him - "YES."

Me - "Serious? Lots more or just a few?.... and don't be mean."

Him - "I'm not being mean. I'm being direct. You asked me a direct question and I gave you a direct answer. Do you want me to lie to you?"

Me - silence

Him - "Do you want me to lie???"

Me - silence..... "Well, not lie but not be so blunt when we're talking about my looks here. Do you think it's stress related?

Him - "I think you stress yourself out, yes."

Me - "I stress myself out?!?!?! So, it's not the girls and their homework troubles? It's not that I have 6 kids? It's not that I have a husband who acts like a kid? It's not that....." I rambled on -and on - and on.

Him - "You owe me 20 positives."

Me - "WHAT?!"

Him - "20. You said 10 things about your life in a negative way and you need to tell me 20 positive."

Me - silence

Me - silence

Me - I came up with 10 quick like. Basically the things that stressed me out bring me great joy. Then I came up with 5 more. Then I was stuck. It was late. I was tired. He let me ramble on for a while and we agreed I did a good job.

Moral of the story? I'm going to be so much more careful what I say!!!

And then this morning......

I read this. And I cried. I cried for my friend. For her children. And I cried with thanksgiving for my life today. Because that's all we have, right? Today.

So, I'm going to go snuggle with my sick boy who is watching Toy Story in my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!