Friday, December 31, 2010

2009 List

Back in 2009 I had this list and after 2 years of working on it, let's see how I fared and what 2011 looks like:
#1 - Get my own chicken flock. This includes having our own eggs and raising some birds for fryers. Sadly, no. This has not happened yet. I have not given up hope, though!

#2 - Finish converting my pantry to all organic staples and as many items as I can buy organically. Yes, this was accomplished in 2009 and I've continued to buy as much organic and natural products as I can.

#3 - Return to having "Coffee with Jesus" each morning. I did this when I was single and need to get back to it. Now. This year. This entails, simply, doing nothing but having a cup of joe with my Lord and Savior, Jesus! If led, scripture reading and always prayer. Not exactly but I have started a Beth Moore Bible Study and will take another one.

#4 - Continue to improve my Spanish speaking. I did in 2009 so it was accomplished. I have not continued to seek out ways to speak Spanish though in 2010.

#5 - Get back on budget and stay on track to live debt free. Did in 2009, took Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University class and have done our best to keep on track. I think we've done very well in this area. Many debts paid this past year and it feels good to keep knocking them off.

#6 - Grown my own organic garden this year! I have started the process by already buying many seeds and have a nice pile composting. Doing well in this area. Even had enough to can tomatoes. Green beans did not make it. :(

#7 - Convert to cloth napkins - make my own napkins! This was done in 2009. We have kept our cloth napkin craze up and don't have paper napkins or paper towels anymore.

#8 - Do one "new for me" thing a month to be as frugal as I can! Yes in 2009... now I'm just trying to live daily frugality and sometimes I fail!

#9 - Get a clothes line up and stop using my dryer so much! YES! However, I would love an outside line... I select dry the kids clothes but still have a long ways to go in this area.

#10 - Use my gym membership at least twice a week!! (I wonder when this should start???) I did this in 2009 and beginning of 2010 but alas, need to add it to this year's list. Ick.

#11 - Learn to sew. This is huge for me. I want to make napkins (see #7) and grocery/shopping/cloth totes. YAY! Not only did cloth napkins happen in 2009 but this past June is started quilting! I have completed two lap/crib sized quilts PLUS 5 pillow cases and 12 rice pillows that I gave as Christmas gifts. I have lots of fabric purchased (CLEARANCE!) and am ready to start 2011 with a quilting bang!

#12 - Focus on 2009 General Priorities (above). If I don't do anything else this year, I want to grow spiritually and enjoy my family. Everything else is second. By growing spiritually, Jesus will continue to guide me into becoming the wife and mother He created. Still my goal. I pray it always is.

I'll update a 2011 list so it's easier for me to track what my year priorities are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!