Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Your Own Instant Oatmeal

Here is a great recipe for making your own instant oatmeal. I use all organic ingredients but you can do what you want. (YAY for choices!!!)

Regular/Base Oatmeal:
1/4 cup oats (I do NOT use quick or instant)
2 T blended oatmeal (dump a cup of oats in the blender and blend til powder. Add 2 T of this to the baggies and make more as needed)
1/2 t sugar, optional
then the optional flavors:

For Cinnamon Apple:
1/4 t cinnamon
2 T dried apple pieces

Cinnamon Raisin
1/4 cinnamon
24 raisins or whatever you add

Brown Sugar and Cream
2 T brown sugar
1 T dry creamer, any flavor you want ( powedered milk is preferred but it can go bad if not used up quickly enough... not an issue here)

Here's the thing, once you have your base oatmeal, you can add whatever you want! The blended oats makes it thicker. If you like it less thick, don't add the "oat powder."

To eat, add 1/2 c boiling water or 2/3 c water and microwave for a minute and enjoy.




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this, Joy! I'm wanting to get back to eating oatmeal for breakfast but it is so expensive (the instant) and I definitely don't have time to cook oatmeal the long way every morning. So I am going to give this a try! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!