Thursday, April 12, 2012

Eating Out

One of the many things I am learning on this wellness journey, is that the more prepared I am the more I can enjoy myself.  There is freedom in knowing where the fence is that keeps me safe, so to speak.

Tonight, we are making an evening of an event that is happening in THE city (about 30 miles away).  My parents, DH and I are going out to eat before the event; which is a dessert event (scary).

In order for me to enjoy myself at supper, I pick out what I am going to order ahead of time.  I put it all in sparkpeople and then I adjust as needed to make it so I can have a grand time without starving myself all day; making for a cranky moma.

Breakfast - workout bar & coffee
Lunch - Protein/Crave Blocker Shake
Snack - 1/2 cup greek yogurt and 1 t honey
Supper:
6 oz Sirloin Steak
Baked Potato with cheese, chives and sour cream
House Salad with my own dressing (no croutons)
AND 1/6 of a bloomin onion!!!

These still leaves me 300 calories to have a few bites of dessert but by the time I get there, I'll be so full from the awesome supper that I won't care that I can't have much dessert.  I'm more of a steak and potato kind of gal, anyway. 

So, there you have it.  I get to order and eat without worry that I am blowing my day.  Today is a good day!  YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!