Thursday, July 05, 2012

Another day at Casa Hogar

We told the kids we'd be back since we came on Friday evening when they were leaving for the weekend.  When we came back, we brought the sand bucket that we had used twice at the beach.  Our 5 year old son really had a hard time understanding why we were leaving it for them.  We had to talk him through the process of giving and why we would not need to keep it just to keep it.


They had so much fun with the shower hose part of it!  DH had a little fun, too.


It was nice just hanging out with the kids. 


When it was time to go, hugs were exchanged.  Here is our little one, hugging another little one.


If you ask this daughter what her favorite part of our vacation was?  "Going to the orphanage!"  Both daughters agree that they could come back and just stay at casa hogar. 


I'll be honest, tears were streaming down my cheeks as we walked away.  I don't know how to explain it but I'll try.

We have so much.  My kids have so much.  I want us to give as much as we get!  Walking away, tears left unchecked, I look to my right and see our 14 year old daughter with tears streaming down her cheeks, too. 

I want my Spanish to be better.  I want to have conversations with these kids!  I want to tell them that Jesus loves them so much and so do I.  Jesus keeps reminding me though, "actions speak louder than words." 

So I'll continue to show them through my actions and let Jesus provide the words to their hearts.

I couldn't help think that there are Compassion children in Mexico just waiting for someone to adopt them and make a dynamic difference in their lives! 

This is Javier.  He is 5 years old and has been waiting 186 days for a sponsor. 


Shelsea is 5 years old; as well; and has been waiting 247 days for someone to adopt her through Compassion International
If you look at the children waiting for adoption in Mexico, select the "longest waiting" option and see how many children have been waiting over 6 months for someone's actions to speak louder than their words. 

$38 a month gives a child food and clean water, medical care, educational opportunities, important life skills training and above all, they will learn that Jesus loves them and desires to have a personal relationship with them!

I know the the money our ladies group donated to the orphanage is needed.  I know the Bibles are appreciated, the toothbrushes and toothpaste needed... I want to make a difference on an ongoing basis!  I am a part of the larger family of God and it's a good family to be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!