Thursday, July 26, 2012

The House of Joy

There are many "houses" addressed in the Bible.  I need to do some reading up on Jacob's house because the Lord pointed me to something the LORD, ADONAI, says to the house of Jacob.  I'll give it to you first as written in the Word and then as a prayer written by yours truly.
“No longer will Jacob be ashamed;  no longer will their faces grow pale.  When they see among them their children, the work of my hands, they will keep my name holy; they will acknowledge the holiness of the Holy One of Jacob, and will stand in awe of the God of Israel.  Those who are wayward in spirit will gain understanding; those who complain will accept instruction.”
The broken chain prayer God gave me is:

No longer will Joy be ashamed; no longer will her face grow pale.  She sees among them her children, the work of MY hands, she is keeping my name holy; she acknowledges the holiness of the Holy One of Jacob, and stands in awe of the God of Israel.  She who was wayward in spirit is gaining understanding; she complains but is accepting instruction.

The Lord says:
“These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.  Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men.  Therefore once more I will astound these people with wonder upon wonder; the wisdom of the wise will perish,the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."
My prayer:
Joy came near to me with her mouth and honored me with her lips but her heart was far from me.  Her worship was made up only of rules taught by men.  Therefore once more I will astound Joy with wonder upon wonder...


I am so humbled that Jesus paid the price of my sins; all of them, past, present and future.  John 3:16 is perhaps the most memorized scripture.  Many people, really anyone who has ever been to Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, church camp... has heard if not memorized it.  And I am so grateful!  When I stop and let the words wash over me, tears run unchecked down my face at the gravity of the living sacrifice.  Please read with me, out loud if possible:
 “For God so loved the world that he gave his only and unique Son, so that everyone who trusts in him may have eternal life, instead of being utterly destroyed." (Complete Jewish Bible)
The Message states it like this:
"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person's failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him."

"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." (Holman Christian Standard Bible)



"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  (KJV)
and lets say it from another familiar version, the NIV:
 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."


Lord, thank you for loving me.  The pain and grief I have over my daughter leaving for college does not even have a flicker of the flame You endured watching Your only Son die.  Forgive me for selfishly thinking of my own loss when truly, it is not eternal.  You will be the One keeping us together no matter how far apart we may physically be.  I am eternally grateful for the gift of Your son and I am blessed to know my inheritance already awaits me!  Thank You, Jesus, for setting me strait on forgiving myself, for breaking those chains that Satan had hung over my head without me even realizing it was him.  You have opened my eyes and my heart and I am free knowing You have forgiven my sins and no longer remember them.  While I have not forgotten my past, Lord, I thank you for the strength in which I am no longer bound by them.  Each day is new and Your mercies are new every morning and I am blessed to share your love with others.  When I can only see right in front of me, remind me to trust You!


 You tell me in 1 Peter 4:7 & 8 that the end of all things is near.  Help me be clear minded and self controlled so that I can pray.  Above all, help me to love others deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.  Shine your light through me.  Guide me.  Show me.  Open any locked gates You want me to walk through and clear any obstacle from my path, please, Lord.  Open my eyes and heart so that I may see and hear Your will for my life.  Claiming power in Your Holy Name, amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!