Thursday, August 23, 2012

Blessings



Sometimes our blessings don't come in the way we would like them to.  They are blessings just the same.  While the above song is my "blessing" song, below is my youngest daughter's.  She sang this at church and did a dynamo job.



I don't get to choose what my blessings are.  What I need to do is recognize them as blessings and give thanks to God for whatever He is having be go through at this moment. 

Some of the things I can see where God is using it for His glory even when it wasn't what He wanted, He is making the BEST of it!  Other things I am just "not there yet" and that's okay!  I'm continually working on being open to His leading, following His will and leading by example for my children. 

I was reminded this morning that it would be easier (sometimes) to parent in a style that removes the responsibility from me and places it solely on my child.  It some cases, I can see this is a good route to go... in others, it is my responsibility to step up and be "the parent."  It's not always fun.  It certainly isn't easy.  Prayer and taking a step back to ask God for clarity is needed and it's up to me to take those steps. 

Today, I choose to count my blessings, give thanks to Jesus and remain in His love.  As my oldest daughter reminded me this morning, "Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

As the message states, "Everything in the world is about to be wrapped up, so take nothing for granted. Stay wide-awake in prayer. Most of all, love each other as if your life depended on it. Love makes up for practically anything. Be quick to give a meal to the hungry, a bed to the homeless—cheerfully. Be generous with the different things God gave you, passing them around so all get in on it: if words, let it be God's words; if help, let it be God's hearty help. That way, God's bright presence will be evident in everything through Jesus, and he'll get all the credit as the One mighty in everything—encores to the end of time. Oh, yes!" 1 Peter 4:7-11

This is just what I needed today.  "Oh, yes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!