Sunday, August 19, 2012

New Chapter

I left a part of me in Kansas.  I can't wait until I can wrap my arms around her sweet frame again.  Until then, there is technology and I've added that to my grateful list!  Texts, calls, skype, fb, etc to keep us close.

We were all smiles the first day as we moved her in.  Smiles and tears mingle together.


Sisters enjoy working together

Some last minute gifts for her new home


All set up and feeling good

 Very nice room and room mate!

Walk to leave...

Little sister sobbing and snotting all over big sis.


Papi sharing his heart after our family prayer.


I can only say, "I love you and am so proud of you.  I love you so much."

We drove away.  I sobbed.  Little Sis sobbed.  Papi patted my hand with tears in his eyes.  Now we have traveled two days since this good-bye.  The tears are still fresh and will spill over at any time.  Throat constricts and it feels like I suddenly can't breathe.  I stop.  Pray.  Remind myself that she is His first.  He loves her more.  She is His.  I trust Him.

The tears don't go away, though.  Peace settles in and the tears flow and I just allow myself to be. 

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:04 AM

    I recall those days so well. You & Roy have done a great job in preparing her for this day. Allow yourself time to cry. I promise you, it will get easier.

    Love you,
    Devonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great to meet you, your husband and daughters! What a blessing to know we are all praying for the girls as they begin this new chapter in their lives. Your blog post brought fresh tears to my eyes as I am missing my sweet daughter too. Thinking of you often!
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!