Monday, September 24, 2012

Dear Sponsor

To you whom I love so much!

It was so good to get your last letter.  Thank you for writing me so often.  It's hard for me to describe the feelings that flood through my entire body each time I hear from you!  You ask how I did on my exams and I am happy to tell you that I did very well!  I know you are praying for me and my family and God is answering.  I know this because He brought you to me and my life will forever be changed because you care for someone very far away.  My grandpa is doing better and learning how to do things and get around with only one leg.  What a comfort it is knowing you have been praying for him.  I tell him my sponsor loves Jesus and is praying for him.  Maybe he will come to know Jesus like you and I know him because of his accident and he can see and feel the power of our joined prayers!

I know I have already thanked you for the gifts you send me but I want you to know that it rained really hard for the first time since we got our new roof and my bed stayed dry!  No more rain coming inside and getting my letters from you wet.  I thank Jesus and you for our new roof. 

I do have another prayer need so I ask you to pray with me.  I have friends who don't have sponsors yet.  Will you please pray and maybe ask your friends if they could be sponsors like you are to me?  I can't imagine my life without you in it and when I see my friends dying like I was, I want so much for them to have someone like you in their life; like I do.  It is really hard to see them hungry and sick when I come home from my project.  Every day I thank God for you and ask Him to bless you and keep you well.  I know you do the same for me and I love you so much!  I am praying that others will want to sponsor my friends and then they, too, will be able to know Jesus, become healthy, learn so they can have a better future and work, meet people who love them and Jesus and I want them to shine on the inside out, like I am now doing!  Thank you so much for being a part of my family for five years.  I am so glad you are my sponsor. 

I know I usually ask you to pray for things in my life but this time I would really like you to join me in prayer for all my friends and the other children I see when I walk to my project.  It's hard to see them barely living when I have all of this.  I will say again that I would love to meet you sometime.  I am praying that God works that out, too.

My teacher gave me these pictures to send to you because I want you to see the roads I walk on.  It's not too bad when it's dry but when the rain comes, it is very slippery and water runs down this road like a fast river.  Sometimes we hold hands to keep from falling and getting hurt.  When it's real deep and swift, we can walk along the fence as far it goes.  The rain makes everything pretty and flowers bloom so it's not all bad.  God created it so I give thanks for Him. 


I am praying for you, for more work for your family, for all of your health and for your garden to do well.  I pray for each of you as I hold your pictures every day.  I love seeing your faces.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!