Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Bombarded!

One of the ways I know God is speaking to me is when He has me hearing the same thing over and over from different people and places.  That is what has been happening the past month, since beginning the study, James Mercy Triumphs that I shared with you last week. 

I have been feeling so bombarded, I shared with one of my fellow girlfriends what I was going through and was so blessed when I found out she was experiencing the same thing!  So, we've been praying for each other!  How cool is that?!

It's one thing to read James in one setting or a chapter a day... it's another to take 8 weeks to study line by line, scripture by scripture these five LOADED chapters from the half-brother of Jesus.  Wow.

After I finished today's homework, I somehow came across a recent video devotion that Beth Moore did just 5 days ago.  From Jeremiah 17:7-  she spoke on the deceitfulness of the heart.  Liar versus deceiver.  "A deception is a lie that works!" Beth Moore

What I added to my James study is the following, "Where is my heart deceiving me?" 

Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved for you are the one I praise.  Jeremiah 17:14 
 
It's a good question to ask myself.  This blog really shows my spiritual growth over the years.  As I go back and read previous "Walking with Christ" posts, I praise Jesus for sticking with me and drawing me nearer and nearer to Him. 
 
Here are some of the things God is saying to me:
 
~ Faith without works is dead.  Joy, you need to act!  Physically move! 
~ Put your money where your mouth is!  Darling daughter, you say you love the poor and want to care for them so DO IT!  Look at all the ways you can easily help!  Compassion's Christmas Gift Catalog came in the mail, my inbox and a text message!  Okay, Lord! 
~ Let your stomach growl.  You don't have to be stuffed every day, every meal.  Learn some moderation, Joy and trust me to supply ALL your needs!
~ Stop Judging!!!  I will judge you how you judge and what mercy you give, I will give you. 
~ Don't try to fit in with the world.  You are supposed to be different.  You shouldn't blend in.   
~ Continue to care for hurting people.  Seek me and I will show you exactly what I want you to do.
~ Get on your knees.  Stay there.  It's where you need to be, Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!