Thursday, February 21, 2013

~ Week Two ~

Beans, delicious beans.  That is on the menu this week.  The largest pot I have full of ham & beans and we dip out one bowl at a time and give thanks for this meal.

We were given some food from my mother-in-law and as I was going through it, my five year old said,
"Oh, Moma, we are RICH with food!  I think we should give some of it away."
 
I tell you what, when my knees hit the floor they were giving thanks not for the physical food but for the strength hearing my little one speak words far beyond his years.

Rich with food.  Indeed we are.  We have never wondered if we were going to get to eat today.  Or tonight.  Or in the morning. 

I mean, come on, I do posts about my food pantries!  Plural!  I have even blogged about how inconvenient my pantries are.   How embarrassing. 



I am frugal and I can and I shop smart and buy bulk and fix economical meals but really, I think about food way too much.  Looking to the labels at the right, I only blog about my kids, life and my walk with Christ more than I do food. 



Can I tell you how relieved I am that food didn't top my walk with the Lord?  I'm serious.  That would have been really embarrassing for me.

So, I made a big pot of beans and I haven't been thinking about food nearly as much.  I don't stress and wonder what we're going to have for supper.  It's in the fridge.  Same thing today, same thing tomorrow... no stress.  No elaborate meals and time & money spent on one meal. 

I don't know if I want to do it this way forever but honestly, this week?  It's a relief. 

I have been waking well with the strength from Jesus and week two is coming right along.  Blessings keep pouring in and I am in a spiritual space that I am able to recognize them right away and give thanks. 

Now, to give some of that food away!  Blessings abound.

#lent
#itsnotaboutme

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!