Friday, February 08, 2013

When It Hurts - Pray.

When my actions don't just hurt me but hurt others... it hurts all the more; doesn't it?

Seems that way.  When something in said one way and interpreted another and there doesn't seem to be a way to fix the wrong?

God says I can call to Him and He will answer me and tell me great and unsearchable things I do not know (Jeremiah 33:3) if only I shut my mouth and mind off long enough to hear Him...


David tells me his experience of being in distress and crying unto the Lord and that he was heard (Psalm 120:1) and I want so much for that to be my experience. 

I pray Jeremiah 33:6, "Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security." and I can't help but wish that my timeframe and God's were closer together than they usually are.  I know this is a good thing but sometimes in my humanness I wish.

The devil wants me to be ashamed.  Shame is one of his most powerful tools and all too often, it is shame that keeps me from going to the Throne.  I am so thankful for Psalm 66:18-19, "If I had cherished sin in my heart the Lord would not have listened; but God has surely listened and heard my voice in prayer."  He know my heart. 


To see my actions cause such intense pain in the lives of my children... it magnifies the pain in my heart.  So, I pray.  I tell the devil to take a hike and I bend my knees and press my face to the floor and take my pain to the only One who can truly bring healing.

Daniel 6:10, ..."Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before."  I will do it.  Whatever it takes to stay close to Jesus and clear away the debris so that pathway is well worn for God to pour out a fresh work in me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!