Monday, September 15, 2014

Grief Stinks

My original post title was: Grief Sucks.  But, I would not say "sucks" in front of my Auntie; nor do I say it in front of my Moma when I have my wits about me; so I changed it to "stinks."  Because it does.  Grief is never welcomed.  It is never wanted.  It is not my friend.  After reading the words my great-aunt shared, though, I think I should re-think something.  Perhaps, RAW, GUT-WRENCHING, PHYSICAL HEARTACHE PAIN stinks but grief changes, moves, and is part of a journey.  I do not care for this part of the journey and I let God know my thoughts on the whole thing.  I even used the word sucks with Him because while He loves me as I am; while He accepts me as I am; as He takes me as I am; He is working in me and someday that word may change in my vocabulary and I will find a more polite way of describing my feelings.  Until then, stinks, sucks, and whatever word aptly describes what no words can convey will suffice.  




My Great-Aunt Ella shared these words to my Uncle and his family, "Grief never ends, but it changes.  It's a passage, not a place to stay.  Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith.  It is the price of love."

I looked up these words and the whole poem is:

Grief never ends,
But it changes.


It’s a passage,
Not a place to stay.


The sense of loss
Must give way
If we are to value
The life that was lived.


Grief is not a sign of weakness;
Nor lack of faith.
It is the price of love. 
~author unknown~

I have a pretty special family.  We have the hope in Jesus Christ to strengthen us and give us peace that we know that my Auntie is in heaven; her real home.



I am just selfish.  I was not ready to say good-bye; nor ever would be ready.  Many feel the same.


#grief #Brownfamily 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!