Sunday, June 19, 2016

A Man Chasing After Jesus

In the movie "War Room," Priscilla Shirer, aka Elizabeth, says, "I would rather have a man chasing after Jesus than a house full of stuff."  When I heard this, tears sprung to my eyes, because it is exactly what I needed to hear in the midst of our transition.  YES!  YES!  YES!


I do not tell Roy or others often enough what a wonderful man I am married to.  If you moved, there is a a 99% chance my husband assisted in some way - usually in the form of a trailer, pick-up, and muscles.

Church work days?  He's one of the first ones there and last to leave, gathering all the supplies to make it possible to actually do the needed chores.

Quaker Hill Work Weekend?  When not attending a graduation for our little school, he is the one you'll see on the roof tops.


 He has taught all of our children the value of hard work and doing things the right way the first time:


What's more is he build things for his wifey, me, that he does not even want!  Like this chicken coop, here.  He hates chickens... but loves fresh eggs, so we compromised and got chickens.



Beyond work, he is the one encouraging and supporting our children's sense of adventure:


I was thinking this morning that on Mother's Day people rave about single moms and how hard it is to be a single mom and how they have to be both mother and father... when I married my husband, he was a single dad.  He has always been a wonderful daddy and I am so honored to journey with him in life as we parent all our children and learn how to be better parents as we grow up, too.

Thanks, Roy.  Let's Hear it for the Boy!  You are my man!


Happy Father's Day, honey.  As we transition into a different phase of life, I know I can do it because you are at my side.  Home is where we are.  As cheesy as it sounds, it true - we make a house a home and I think we do a pretty good job of it no matter the building, or how big or small it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!