Friday, September 08, 2006

Sloppy Joes

Sloppy Joes

Here is a new way I found to rid myself of some zucchini! Always a welcome recipe these days.

1 lb ground beef
1 small onion, chopped (with my awesome Pampered Chef chopper!!!)
1 med zucchini, finely chopped (again with PC Chopper)
1 med red bell pepper, diced (yep, with chopper)
16 oz salsa (I made my own)
6 rolls, spilt and toasted

In large skillet, brown the beef, onion, zucchini and pepper over med-high heat for 5 min or until meat is browned. Cover, reduce to low heat and cook for 7 more min (until veggies are soft).

Stir in salsa. Bring to a boil, turn heat back to low and simmer, uncovered for 8 mins. When most of the liquid has evaporated, it's done!

Spoon mixture onto each roll and serve.

I topped each sandwich with shredded cheese.

Before cheese - Per serving: 262 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated), 658 mg sodium, 51 mg cholesterol.

I doubled this recipe and it was a hit! My salsa wasn't as runny as store bought so I added some tomato sauce to help it along.

Yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!