Thursday, July 17, 2008

Puerto Vallarta Escapades

Huge storm woke me in the middle of the night. It was awesome. I got up at 4:30 and went out to the balcony for an hour and just watched God move. The lightning was so bright - thunder BOOMED!!!! and when the rain came, it really came. Ahhh, it was gorgeous. My parents remember storms like that in the midwest but for me, man oh man, it was breath taking.

Paco woke me by screaming this morning. Seems there was a HUGE (4") centipede on his hand. The poor kid can hardly hold a roley poley. All I could do was laugh. No sympathy here!

Off to the big city by bus. Always in the past, we have used the buses as our main transportation. This trip, we decided to rent a car for a week so we only had a few days of bussin' it to enjoy....it cost 10 pesos each to get to Walmart (from Bucerias) then we changed a bus and for 5 pesos each we made it downtown.

We went to the bank, changed our money and ATE! That's what it's all about, people. For 55 pesos each, we got a bowl of soup, fajitas, a custard and guava water, with refills. The girls split and Paco and Javi ate off our plates. I don't know the name of the place but it's directly across the street from Our Lady of Guadalupe and has two entrances. The kitchen is in the middle of the two rooms and they are closed on Sundays. If you know the name, TELL ME! We ate there last trip and I remembered it was closet to where we were and my Dad remembered a good meal there so it was a match. It's never wise to wait til we're all hungry, hot and tired to try and decide where we want to eat.... just a word to the wise. Not from the wise - I'm far from that. I only have experience in dealing with cranky kids and hot grandparents. Roy and I... we were troopers. ;)

After lunch, I wasn't feeling too well (short night) so Granddad and I took the bus back with Paco and Javi. Took a nap and then swam. The pool is so nice. Perfect temps and places for all of us to enjoy the water.

The rest of the tribe made it home and we walked down to Claudio's - again - for all you can eat shrimp and mahi mahi. The guys had that and the shrimp was Y - U - M - M - Y! Brady and Reggie really put away the plates of shrimp. Man alive.

It was 11 p.m. when we got back home so needless to say, tired people after a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!