Friday, March 07, 2014

Last Bite - forgotten

Okay, one of the little things that I decided to do was to leave the last bite of my meal on my plate.  Why?  I'm so glad you asked!

1) To leave the last bite reminds me of how I don't go hungry.
2) I know I am going to eat again and I don't need to eat everything.
3) Visual reminder that while I have so much that I don't have to eat every single bite, there are MILLIONS going hungry.
4) A reminder that I need to pay attention and be grateful for the food I shove in my mouth.

I didn't think this would be hard.  Oh, how wrong, I was. 

On the way to school yesterday, my daughter asked me how it was going leaving the last bite.  I honestly was stumped.  How could I have forgotten so quickly???

I honestly told her that I hadn't even thought about it!  I told her that I might need some help remembering.

So, hubby and I shared a lunch at Costco yesterday and God nudged me to remember.  It was fine.  It did the things I wanted it to.

Then, on the way home from school, we all had a banana.  I wolfed mine down with the kids and it wasn't until she was talking about how her day went regarding songs that I blurted out, "I ate the whole bloomin' banana!  UGH!" 

I eat.  I didn't even pause to give thanks for the banana. 

Thankfully, I serve a God of grace and the whole point of fasting is to help me remember Him.  To help deepen my relationship with Him.

So, forgiven and humbled, I end Day 3. 

Good news: we read our chapters in Matthew as a family tonight and no yelling happened in order to get everyone where they needed to be to spend this time together!  YAY!

#LentChallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!