Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas From Days Gone By

From my Great-Grandma Elda Brown's journal:

1934

1935

1936 all she says is, "Roy & Marie came to spend the holidays.  We have our family tree at Kenneth's."

1937, my Great-Grandma Elda received the following:

Table Cloth, Purse, sandwich dish, gown, dresser scarf, book ends, dog ornament, picture, picture of baby, handkerchief.

In 1938 she lists her gifts:
K & M (my grandparents) - Material for dress
Roy & Marie - House slippers
Gladys & Lout - Underwear
Hazel - Motto
A.C. - Parka hood
Vena & Allie - Pillow top, 2 pr. hose

After searching what a motto, is, here is what I have concluded:
It's a cross-stitched saying/print!  Am I correct?

I think my grandma knew what #itsaboutgiving is all about. 

2 comments:

  1. Moma-Nana8:45 AM

    I have NO idea what a motto is but that sounds good, mine is:Life is hard but God IS good, like the 1933 better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!